Monday, January 23, 2006

Comic Fantasy vs. Surreal Road Trip

Digging out some Milton Keynes old adventures has got me wondering...

Some of his stuff, and some of the extant scenes from my comic fantasy may be interchangeable. Experiments are currently under way to see whether the two can, in some form, be combined; this cannot be done without losing some good stuff from each, however if I have enough good ideas to hand, it may be that something good may arise from the combination, leaving one or two worthwhile ideas in the 'unstarted projects' file for possible future use.

The problem at the moment is that the two stories as they currently stand require two entirely different worlds in order to work, and some of the ideas in progress will only work in one of the two.

So the question is which world do I want to work in most, and which ideas have the most potential for a saleable comic fantasy.

A further sub-question relates to the existence or otherwise of some form of moral purpose to either story. As a Christian I want to reflect my faith in my writing, and one of these two potential stories does indeed have allegorical potential. However, for now I think I shall let this question go, and if the opportunity arises for a spiritual theme to be tackled without forcing the issue, I'll tackle it later.

Another of Milton Keynes' aborted adventures tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home